[vc_row][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_single_image image=”8410″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]The Atex (Atmosphère Explosible) term refers to the 94/9/CE directive of the European Union, which covers introduction on the market of anti-explosion equipment or protective mechanical and electrical systems. This directive refers to industries that realize products intended for use in “potentially explosive atmospheres”.
The products covered by Atex include:
- Command devices
- Control devices
- Regulating devices
located outside potentially explosive environments, but that ensure a safe use of anti-explosion systems.
Atex environments are classified into the following categories:
Hazards: gas, vapor or mist
- Zone 0: the explosive atmosphere consists of a mixture with air of inflammable substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist which is present continuously.
- Zone 1: an explosive atmosphere consisting of a mixture with air of inflammable substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist is likely to occur.
- Zone 2 – in this place the explosive atmosphere is consisting of a mixture with air of inflammable substances in the form of gas, vapor or mist persisting for a short period only
- Zone 20 – the explosive atmosphere can occur in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air, present in the environment continuously, frequently or for long periods.
- Zone 21 – the explosive atmosphere is present in the form of a cloud of combustible dust in air that can occur occasionally.
- Zone 22 – the explosive atmosphere can occur in the form or a cloud of combustible dust in air that persist for a short period only.
The most common ignition sources include sparks, open flames or hot gas, high surface temperature, spontaneous combustion, mechanically generated impact or friction sparks, electrostatic discharge and radiation.
The industrial sectors covered by Atex include shipbuilding companies, oil and gas industries, electronics, food sector, chemical-pharmaceutical sectors, painting industry, laser technologies, shooting ranges, arms industry as well as cosmetics.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_widget_sidebar sidebar_id=”thefox_azienda”][/vc_column][/vc_row]