When designing a cleanroom, it’s essential to carefully assess
the features of the doors and frames.
Discover the DeltaDOORS range of products designed for cleanrooms, free from contamination.
The door of a cleanroom is a critical element for the engineer. As a passageway between the external and internal sterile environment, the doors must be made in such a way to avoid polluting contamination and maintain adequate atmospheric pressure.
The DeltaDoors range was designed and created by Delta2000. Today, the Italian company stands out internationally for its cleanroom designs, as well as the design of walls, door windows, floors, cabinets and modular panels for sterile environments.
These products are used in various sectors including pharmaceutical, chemical, electronic, medical and structural projects in hospitals.
The advantages of DeltaDoors as your cleanroom supplier
The doors from the DeltaDoors range are designed to allow passage into sterile environments without the risk of external contamination. Their performance is guaranteed by the following international certifications: EN ISO, GMP, ASTM, CE, BSI.
All the frames share certain features including:
- interior raw aluminium radial frame (2 mm);
- insulation (choice of materials, as we will see shortly)
- automated or manual operating mechanisms.
Another advantage that makes DeltaDoorsTM stand out is the possibility of creating customized frames both from a technical and aesthetic point of view. These choices allow you
to create environments that are faithful to the planning stage of cleanrooms.
Cleanroom design: customization
Overall, the range of doors is designed to offer many different solutions.
The goal is to meet every requirement during the construction of the cleanroom.
There are 6 different customizable elements available. They can be combined with each other to create a fully customized door:
- Six different door solutions, which vary in kind and number of leaves;
- Three insulation materials;
- The door dimensions
- Four standard and eleven custom colours;
- Five types of exterior cladding;
- Door accessories.
1. The six kinds of leaves and doors
In the construction of cleanrooms, it’s important to take into account the space available. The door requires sufficient area to allow passage between inside and outside and the movement of the door or leaf. If the space is limited, it’s necessary to resort to space-saving mechanisms.
For this reason, our range includes six different types of doors:
- One-leaf door, suitable for small spaces;
- One a half leaf door, for larger rooms where there is still a need to save space to allow the unobstructed movement of the door;
- Two-leaf door, designed for large cleanrooms in which staff come in and out frequently;
- One-leaf sliding door, designed for small rooms where there is no space for a swinging door;
- Sliding two-leaf door, which allows passage of staff and tools,
even though there is no space for a swinging door;
- One-leaf door with a four-sided frame, for small rooms.
2. Three insulation materials
The insulation is another customizable element of the doors. The DeltaDoors range of frames for cleanrooms can be made with
three types of insulation:
- Corrugated aluminium sheet Density 116 Kg/m³;
- Rockwool Density 120 Kg/m³
- Polystyrene Flexural strength KPa > 250.
3. Door dimensions
The next customizable element is the door’s width.
Regardless of the number of leaves and the mechanism of the frame, the horizontal
dimensions of the opening can be:
- 600 mm
- 700 mm
- 800 mm
- 900 mm
- 1000 mm
- 1100 mm
- 1200 mm
4. Four standard and eleven custom colours
There is a palette of standard colours that includes sand and three tones of white:
- Oyster White
- Signal White
- Pure White
Alternatively, you may wish to choose from the eleven colours of our non-standard palette:
- Monviso Grey
- Cavallino Red
- Maquis Green
- Blue Amorgos
- Storm Grey
- African Yellow
- Faenza Blue
5. Five types of exterior cladding
External cladding panels may be added to the door that can be made from:
- HPL (High Pressure Laminate)
- Doluflex Aluminium Sheet
- Galvanized iron sheet
- Galvanized steel
- Double glaze.
Our clients have the guarantee of certified quality materials used in the production of our cleanrooms and this is what makes the Delta2000 products recognised and loved worldwide.
- ASTM E84-18b,
- EN 13501-1:2007+A1:2009,
- EN 438-4
6. Door accessories
The door accessories for controlled contamination environments are designed to increase functionality and effectiveness.
The doors are equipped with magnets that allow the door to be closed immediately after staff have entered the sterile room. This solution has no aesthetic impact as the magnets are hidden in the frame.
In addition, we mount transit grids that allow passage of air without affecting the sterility of the environment.
Are you interested in receiving information about our products?
Fill out the form and our Sales Team will be in touch as soon as possible.